08 April 2010

Welcome to Okinawa!

Well it is official! We finally made it to Japan! Everything has been moving in such a fast pace that I finally have a chance to just relax! We are still living in temporary housing but hopefully soon we will have a house of our own! And we bought a car yesterday! It's a '95 Nissan Terrano. They dont have them in the US but I would say they are equivalent to a Pathfinder. We both got our license yesterday too! The test was extremely easy.. now the true test is actually driving. They drive on the left hand side of the road and the steering wheel is on the right side of the car! It's very different and will take a while to get used to! We are going today to get our cell phones! They actually have iPhones here so that is what we are getting I think! The weather has been so so.. today is actually NOT rainy! The rest of the days we have been here it's rained during some part of the day. I got to talk to my mom today which makes me happy! We talked for about an hour. I miss my family and friends a lot but I'm not too homesick yet. I'm sure that will come at a later date. I've met some pretty cool people here so far so hopefully I won't get too homesick! But I am going to go do some laundry. It seems like that is what my days consists of lately! I will try to write soon!


<3 Jen

2 comments:

  1. yay i'm glad you're getting relaxed and enjoying it so far! right now it says it's 9:30 pm there haha it's 8:30am here, just got in to work a little bit ago. when do you get your house or have you been looking? i can't wait to hear your stories about driving on the wrong side of the road! call me when you get your phone. btw, do they have american idol on over there? if not, i can email you updates! :) miss you & love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's 11:42 PM there & your facebook says you are putting things away.. well I think this time of night is a perfect time to blog and post pictures of your new house! :) haha but i guess you're probably waiting 'til things are put away huh? :) miss youu!

    ReplyDelete