21 September 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn!


I can't believe tomorrow is the first day of Autumn! It doesn't feel like fall whatsoever here, but it is a tropical island. This time of year is my absolute favorite. I just love the changing leaves on the trees, the crisp cool air, and the festivities that go along with the season of fall. It's football season, and Halloween is just around the corner! Of course, watching football is a little different over here. We usually can't catch our teams playing live. Or if they do, it's at the wee hours of the morning and we are sound asleep! But we are keeping up with our Buckeyes and our Brownies! 

The weather is still ridiculously hot here. The current temperature right now is 90 degrees. It's almost 4 pm. That's insane! It won't start feeling like fall here until about December. And then it's only in the 60's. Which still isn't fall to me, but as long as I can wear a hoodie I am okay with it! 

This time of year has me a little homesick, especially since my parents house is in the woods and we are surrounded by leaves, but I'll be okay. I have my OSU flag in my yard and my "Welcome Friends" fall sign hanging on my front door. Even though it's still 90 degress in Okinawa, it's officially fall in the Campbell household! 

No comments:

Post a Comment