16 September 2010

Hawaii Bound


the resort we are staying in is in the bottom right corner
we are right on the beach!

                                  
ahh, look at the water! i'm looking forward to sandy beaches


this will be paradise!

I first off just want to say, I have the BEST husband in the entire world! Some may argue, but I truly believe I have found one of a kind! In 1o days, it will be our one year anniversary! I can't believe we have only been married for a year. We have technically been together for four. Well, we have been talking about what we want to do for our anniversary. We originally were just going to rent a cabin on island somewhere at one of the bases. Just a little weekend getaway. Well, naturally, they are all full until like the middle of October. So that plan was out. When hubby got home from work yesterday, he informed me that he and a co-worker had schemed up all day what do to for our anniversary since there really wasn't much to do on the island that we haven't already done. So, he has decided to take me to HAWAII

We are not going until Decemeber, so he can put in leave and we can save up some extra cash. It is a few months after our anniversary, but hey, it's HAWAII! We are staying at the Hale Koa in Honolulu on Waikiki Beach! The Hale Koa is a military resort so it's cheaper and only open for military members and their families. The first photo above is the resort and the beach! I am so excited! It's a little less than 3 months away, so I will be hitting the gym extra hard! I've already lost 26 lbs, so I'm shooting for 30 more lbs! I have to be swimsuit ready!! It's definitely good motivation! I'm just looking forward to a romantic, relaxing getaway with the love of my life! I'd say I'm a pretty lucky girl!

1 comment:

  1. AHH! So awesome! Matt is an amazing husband! :) But can I just point out that you LIVE on an ISLAND surrounded by OCEAN & BEACHES? Maybe you should take someone from the dry land of the midwest?? hehe Just kidding, you two deserve this trip and I'm so happy you'll be celebrating your 1 year in such a beautiful place! Love you both! :)

    PS I'm happy you're blogging more often ;)

    ReplyDelete