18 November 2010

I'm So Thankful!

"The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day, and as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!" - Henry Ward Beecher


Wow, I can't believe Thanksgiving is in one week! This year has flown by so fast, I can hardly keep up. I've been in somewhat of another rut lately. I hate when I get like this. With Thanksgiving coming up, I need to realize what I have in my life, instead of what I don't have. 


There are some things that have been going on in my life that are somewhat stressful and disappointing. For instance, we are not going to Hawaii now. Bummer I know.. but just the fact that we were going is more then a lot of people could say. With Christmas coming up and our bills getting higher, it's just not smart to go there and spend a few thousand on a vacation that we really don't need. I was really upset about it at first, but we decided to be adults about it and realize Hawaii will always be there. We can go another time. I think it's kind of low of me to get so upset about it, when there are people out there who don't have a place to live this winter. So I will just get over it. 


There are other things that are bothering me as well, and I feel like I'm being selfish getting bothered by them. I am not going to say what is bothering, because it's still hush hush.. but just know that I am being selfish. I know God has a plan for my husband and I and things happen for a reason. So when things don't always go our way, I just have to remember that there is a reason for that. I need to just be happy with what I have in my life.


I am so thankful that I have a wonderful, caring husband, who is my soul mate and best friend. He is truly the BEST thing that has ever happened to me. I honestly thank God every night before I go to bed for sending him to me. I am also so very thankful for my family. We have all come a long way, but I feel like my relationships (most of them, anyways) with my family members have become very strong and just plain awesome! I love them all dearly. I am also thankful for my amazing friends! I never really realized how strong and fantastic our friendship was, until I got over here. When I meet someone new or we get to talking about our friends and family at home, I always tell people how truly awesome my friends are. That we have been best friends since grade school, and will remain best friends throughout our adult lives. And I swear, every person I have told that to tells me how lucky I am to have a group of girls like them. And they are so totally right! Girls, I am so lucky and thankful to have you all in my life. We have all been through so much together. Thank you for always being there for me. I love you girls! BFF!


I'm glad I can take the time and remember what I am thankful for. There are so many other things to be thankful for too, like our hero's who give us the freedom we have, and the roof over my head, and this new family we call our unit. Everyone should take a time out and remember what truly matters in life. It's not the clothes we wear, the cars we drive, or the vacations we take. For me, it's the family and friends in my life that mean so much to me, and it's the place I call home (even if it is on the other side of the world). And I wouldn't have it any other way. 

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm, can we say sob sesh? Because that's totally happening here at Leppla Associates right now! haha I love you so much Jenny & I'm so thankful for you too! I can't wait to be reunited & have drinks & girl talk & ya know possibly cheerleading jumps? haha BEST FRIENDS FOREVER AND EVER :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know EXACTLY how you feel when it comes to Hawaii. It happened to me when Wishes Can Happen told me they were going to take me, my parents, and Justin. It was such an amazing feeling to know that I would get to do something like that with my family. But then they ended up not being able to take us there. I felt selfish for being so upset over it... but it does stink! But like you said, Hawaii will always be there. I was just hoping I'd be able to let my parents get that experience. But, there are SO many other things to be thankful for right now! And I hope whatever is going on with you right now that is still 'hush hush' gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete