30 November 2010

The Past Few Days..

I feel like it's been forever since I have blogged, but I think its only been a week! Not much has been going on lately, so I haven't really much to blog about! A few highlights from the past week ...


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! We went to our friends, the Baughs. There were about 16 people there I believe. Everyone was from the Unit and we all had a great time together! Although this was the first Thanksgiving not spent with family, I feel like we had great company, and I'm thankful that we got to share it with everyone there!


Saturday, we went hiking at Tadake Falls. It's about a 45 minute drive up north and so worth it! The hike was more like a river trek. We literally had to walk/climb through anywhere from a few inches of water to a few feet. Sometimes we had to use ropes to climb up rocks to get over the very deep part of the river. It was a great workout and we all had a ton of fun. 



Once we got to the falls, it was beautiful! The falls were about 50 - 60 feet tall, and the pool at the bottom of the falls was probably about 6 feet deep. The water was freezing though. 



There was a trail that went almost straight up, and led to the top of the falls. You could look out and down. I decided against going on the trail, which it's probably a good thing I did too because Matt said it was a tough climb. The boys made it to the top successfully and proved just how high the falls were. Can you see them at the top?


I'm glad we went finally did this hike. I have been wanting to do it for a while, and it is so worth it! There is another set of falls called Hiji Falls, that I hope to do sometime soon.

On another note, I had a job interview today! I'm not too thrilled about it, but a job is a job right? I really need one and there isn't much to chose from on this island. If I get it, I'll be working at a store called Crafty Things. It's the craft store on Kadena. I never thought I would be working retail again, but in a way I kind of miss it. I would be the Lead sales clerk aka I will be in charge of all the cashiers. I will be opening and closing and doing all the stuff management does. Too bad I wouldn't get paid like management right? I'm not sure when I'll find out if I got it or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

The highlight of my week thus far, even though it's only Tuesday, was skyping with Chelsee today! I was so excited I got to talk to her! She left Oki only about a month ago (which feels like forever) and has finally arrived in Alaska! I miss her and her hubby like crazy! But, sometime in the near future I will be taking a hop from here to there for a visit! So that is exciting! 

Not much else has been going on. My life is somewhat boring these days. I'm just thankful for everything I have in my life right now. It's very simplistic and I'm okay with that.  

2 comments:

  1. Miss you so much! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! :) I'm working on a few ideas for your blog.. sorry it's taking me so long! I have yet to finish a single idea! haha This whole full time job thing is really getting in the way of the stuff I love to do.. grr :) Have a good week love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That waterfall is just gorgeous! The water at the bottom is so pretty. You took some really great pictures!

    ReplyDelete