31 December 2010

Happy New Years!

I can't believe it's New Years Eve already! This year has gone by so fast! I haven't had a chance to blog lately, as I have been horribly sick from this pregnancy. I hit 6 weeks on Monday and like clock work, my morning sickness kicked in big time. It woke me up Monday morning and I didn't stop throwing up the entire day. I couldn't keep water down, let alone food. So Tuesday I made a doctors appt. at the Med Clinic and saw an idiot for a doctor. He put me on a medicine called Zofran, which is used for nausea and vomiting. So far, it has NOT helped whatsoever. So Wednesday was the same as Monday and so was Thursday. Except I had had enough come Thursday. I was so sick I couldn't really stand up. I was extremely dehydrated. So we went to the ER and I was put on fluids to get me hydrated. The doctor wanted to do a pelvic exam and an ultrasound to make sure that the baby looked good. We got to see the baby for the first time! It was amazing. Our little peanut has a heartbeat already! So even though I have been sick and miserable for the past week, the highlight was definitely getting to see the baby! I'm feeling a little better today, since I'm not so dehydrated. I'm praying this sickness will eventually go away. I'm only halfway through my first trimester, so I'm REALLY praying the rest of the trimester isn't as bad! 


I hope everyone has a fantastic and safe New Years! Wherever in this world you might be, God Bless! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A heartbeat! That's wonderful. Zofran is the only form of nausea medicine I can take. They call it the "cocaine of nausea medicine" because it's supposed to work really well. But if you ask me... if you're EXTREMELY nauseated.. it doesn't work. Try asking them for Phenergan. That's another good nausea medicine! Happy New Year to you and Matt! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow :( I'm so sorry you've been so sick. I hope the rest of the trimester isn't bad for you, i'll be praying for your & the babies health. so happy you got to hear his/her heartbeat, how amazing. love you & miss you lots.

    ReplyDelete