22 December 2010

Here's to the Next 8.5 Months


Well, it finally happened! I'm officially prego! Matt and I were trying for a while, then we took some time off. And what do you know? It happens during the time off! I guess not stressing about it really helps! I feel so blessed right now! I'm only a little over 5 weeks, so it is still really early in the pregnancy! I went to the medical clinic on base on Monday and they drew my blood just to make sure. We got the results back yesterday, and they were positive! So my HPT worked correctly! I went today to get more blood work done, but because of the long weekend with it being Christmas, they couldn't draw anymore blood. So I'll go back Monday and start my lab work. I also picked up prenatals prescribed by the doc, instead of my regular ones. So things are starting to get rolling! If my timing is correct, I won't have my first actual doctor appt. until I'm 10-12 weeks, which will be in January sometime! I'm already experiencing first hand the symptoms of pregnancy. I've been sick almost every morning and sometimes through out the day. I keep crackers and water with me at all times; it really does help! 

My estimated due date is August 23, 2011! We are both so totally excited and pumped! And we're still getting over the initial shock of actually seeing "Pregnant" on the pee stick, instead of "Not Pregnant". We went and looked at baby stuff and Matt is being soooo stinking cute! He is going to be a great father! We need prayers that our baby will grow to be strong and healthy and we won't have any complications. So if you are reading this, keep us in your prayers! :) And here's to the next 8.5 months! 

4 comments:

  1. AHHHH!!! I'm so excited! I'm so glad you took that time off, I had a feeling that's when it would happen :) I will be praying for health for you & your beautiful little baby inside. AH! I just love this and I'm so excited. You will both be great parents!

    Seriously I don't think I can say enough how excited and happy I am for you! Did I already say that about 5x's lol. Anyways I love you so much! Phone call or skype very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH! I'm with Alicia! I've been in shock/so happy since you're phone call! BEST NEWS EVER! I'm so happy and proud of you and I know you're going to be a great Mom! And of course Matt will be a great father! I love you both so much and it couldn't have happened to better people! :)

    I miss you so much & can. not. wait! to see that beautiful baby!!!! :) I love him/her times a million already! :)

    Love,
    Aunt Stephy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jenny! What a blessing and an exciting new jounrey for you and matt! Will be praying for the health of you and your new miracle!

    <3Casey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Why didn't anyone tell me that you guys were pregnant?! No one even mentioned anything to me at Christmas Eve! Holy crap! This is exciting. I am SO unbelievably happy for you guys. I'll keep you all in my prayers. Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete