09 December 2010

One Year

It's been about a year since we found out we were moving across the Pacific to a little tiny island of Okinawa. I had just got to work and my work phone rang. I thought it was kind of strange because my shift hadn't even started yet. It was my husband saying he had "news". I was freaking out, because the last time he said that he told me he was deploying to Iraq. And then the words came out of his mouth. "We got orders". And then he told me to where. I had no clue where. All I knew is that it was in Japan. I was so pumped! I was just excited that we could get out of Ohio. We had talked for a while about changing his dream sheet to somewhere besides Wright Patt. We wanted to go to Alaska, or Europe somewhere. But Japan? It was not one of our top choices. Then I Googled Okinawa. And I turned from excited to very excited once I saw all the beaches! Then we had to tell our families.. and that didn't go over very well. Then our friends.. and everyone else. We had to out process from Wright Patt, pack up our whole lives, and say goodbye to our loved ones. All within a matter of a couple months. It was not easy, but I think it's worth it. We don't like being away from our families and friends, but this is an awesome experience, and my husband loves his job! So we might as well make the most of it right?

Needless to say, I can't believe it's been a year since we found out. Our lives have done a huge 180 from a year ago. I can't say it's been the easiest and greatest year of our lives, but it's definitely been a wild one. I don't knows the where the future will take us, but as long as I am with my hubby, I'll go anywhere!

1 comment:

  1. love you!!! miss you lots. can you come home for girls christmas? bc it won't be the same without you :( maybe we can skype you in??

    ReplyDelete